IPrice minimart
powerfull & flexible online Store, price-lists and catalogs for Joomla
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Translation problem - some text doesn't get translated

Translation problem - some text doesn't get translated 10 years 1 month ago #1179

• sergy
  • Новый участник
Hi,

I've been supporting you on Polish translation. I updated the translation files for front- and back-end. Although the translation is made 1-to-1 from English some items don't get translated. Please, have a look at screenshot.

I managed to modify the translation in the contact form part only by changing the field captions in the configuration of the module. Shouldn't it translate automatically from the translation files?

I didn't find the way to get the translation of the columns in the pricelist done ("tax...").

Any suggestions?

Rds,

K.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sergy.
Login or register to post message.

Translation problem - some text doesn't get translated 10 years 1 month ago #1183

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
If you use single language site, then just rename the caption of a field in product field editing page or in order field editing page in backend.

If you use multilanguage site, then you can do the following:

1. Rename the caption of a field so: "Tax total" to "Tax_total".
2. Add to your language files /languages/xx-XX/xx-XX.com_ipricecalc.ini and /administrator/languages/xx-XX/xx-XX.com_ipricecalc.ini the variable TAX_TOTAL with translation:

TAX_TOTAL="translation of tax total"

Note, that uppercase symbols of variable (TAX_TOTAL) is usefull in language file.
Do so for each caption of the product field and for each caption of the order field.

Translation problem - some text doesn't get translated 10 years 1 month ago #1212

• sergy
  • Новый участник
That worked and helped me to solve resuming translations in the backend and in the price list part of the front. However, the translations for the:
a) mod_ipricecart
b) mod_ipricesearch

don't work. I also added translations for the module names:
i) mod_ipricecart="Koszyk"
ii) mod_ipricesearch="Szukaj"

They don't work either.

The translations I'm refering to are located in the file for the frontend.

Please, have a look at the screen shot. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sergy. Reason: Found new issues in the topic.

Translation problem - some text doesn't get translated 10 years 1 month ago #1214

• sergy
  • Новый участник

And the file...
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sergy.

Translation problem - some text doesn't get translated 10 years 1 month ago #1216

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
You need to translate module language files to translate modules:

/language/xx-XX/xx-XX.mod_modulename.ini
/language/xx-XX/xx-XX.mod_modulename.sys.ini

where xx-XX - the Joomla abbreviation of your language, and 'modulename' is the name of the module.

For example, English language files for "Shopping cart" module of IPrice minimart are:

/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_ipricecart.ini
/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_ipricecart.sys.ini
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by support.

Translation problem - some text doesn't get translated 10 years 1 month ago #1217

• sergy
  • Новый участник
Thank you. I did the resuming translations. Though the module names in the front end don't get translated. Please, have a look below. How do I solve that?

• Page:
Moderators: support

Subscribe

Subscribe to our newsletter and social networks to be updated with the latest updates.

Login