IPrice minimart
powerfull & flexible online Store, price-lists and catalogs for Joomla
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
You can ask about IPrice calculator in this thread before buy a subscription. Please login or register to post message.

TOPIC: Upgrading from other IPrice components

Upgrading from other IPrice components 10 years 2 months ago #1105

• littlegong
  • Новый участник
Good day,

I installed iprice light and was impressed with how it works, so wanted to get the full version. I downloaded a trial version of the Iprice Calculator, and installed it on my server, however once it had been installed I had all sorts of errors, and I was unable to see the information I had inputted with the light version, IE all of my categories and products etc had been removed.

As I spent some time adding in the old information I didn’t want to lose it, so I uninstalled the trial version and went back to the light, however the light doesn’t cater to all of my needs.

So now im in a position that if I buy the full version I will lose the data I entered, and may not be able to get the functionality I require, as I was unable to test it fully due to the issues from having the light version previously installed.

Can you advise if there is some way to upgrade from the light to the full version without losing data?
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by support.
Login or register to post message.

IPrice Calculator query 10 years 2 months ago #1106

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
I advice to use import CSV file to add items to the component. It is easy to load import file again when you installed new version. Also you can use SQL script to export items to CSV file.

Use this SQL scripts to export items to CSV file using PHPMyAdmin utilily:

For IPrice calculator LIGHT: items_from_light_plus.zip (see attachment)
For Iprice calculator: items_from_pro.zip (see attachment)

So upgrading process from IPrice calculator LIGHT to Iprice minimart will includes following steps:

1. Run PHPMyAdmin utility and select your database. Run the SQL script to export items to CSV file. Do not forget to change table prefix "jos_" to the prefix of tables in your database.

2. Download sample import CSV file for IPrice minmart: iprice-web.ru/images/import-rus.zip

3. Insert your data from export CSV file to the sample import CSV file for IPrice minimart.

4. Uninstall old version of IPrice component
5. Remove all tables with "iprice_" prefix from your database using PHPMyAdmin utility.
6. Install IPirce minimart trial.
7. Import items from sample import CSV file.

Do not forget to backup database and files of your site before upgrading process if you upgrade component on a live site.

More details about import in IPrice minimart: iprice-web.ru/en/iprice-minimart-guide/2.../68-art-import-items
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by support.

IPrice Calculator query 10 years 1 month ago #1198

• littlegong
  • Новый участник
Hi,

I attempted to do what you advised.
However once i uninstalled the Iprice, and then installed the Iprice minimart it went fine up until i clicked on the link under components to start to enter/import etc, i click on Minimart and then it just goes to a white screen? Nothing comes up.
If i click on any of the links, it does the same page. For example if i click on Components then minimart, it loads the page in the url www.XXXXX.com/test/administrator/index.p...ption=com_ipricecalc
However white screen and nothing is showing.
Or if i click on categories, it goes to www.XXXXX.com/test/administrator/index.p...pricecalc&c=category
Again white screen.
I cleared the cache in joomla, and purged and also inmy browser, yet it doesnt help.

Any suggestions?
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by littlegong.

IPrice Calculator query 10 years 1 month ago #1199

• littlegong
  • Новый участник
I turned on the error codes, and found that this is the error coming up.
Fatal error:
The encoded file /home/cobitism/public_html/test/administrator/components/com_ipricecalc/controllers/item.php requires a license file.
The license file /home/cobitism/public_html/test/administrator/components/com_ipricecalc/licenses/licn.txt is not valid for this server. in Unknown on line 0

IPrice Calculator query 10 years 1 month ago #1200

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
IPrice minimart trial version is for local server only. If you need to test IPrice minimart on your hosting server You can request the 14-days trial license for your test domain by e-mail.
Moderators: support

Subscribe

Subscribe to our newsletter and social networks to be updated with the latest updates.

Login