powerfull & flexible online Store, price-lists and catalogs for Joomla
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with installation

Problem with installation 10 years 1 month ago #1111

• sergy
  • Новый участник
Hi,

I've tried to put into operation on my local machine a trial. From the description of the installation procedure I was not sure what is meant by " simply install IPrice minimart component, modules and plugins" so I just copied:
1. com_ipricecalc_v2.1.8_trial to components folder. Then I've changed the name of the folder to com_ipricecalc,

2. mod_iprice_toc_2.0.5_J25-3x, mod_ipricecart_2.0.8_J25-3x, mod_ipricesearch_2.1.5_J25-3x to modules folder,

3. jcomments-plugin, plg_content_ipricecalc_2.0.8_J25-3x, plg_ipricesearch_1.0.2_J25-J3x to plugins folder.

Then I went through Extension Manager -> Discover. I've installed all items found. In some of cases I got message of sort that xxx is not a folder.

After all when I go to add new menu item with the type showing the items list of goods (can't rememeber how is it called exactly) this type is not visible.

It seems my installation procedure is wrong. Can you, please, recommend something?

Thank you,

K.
Login or register to post message.

Problem with installation 10 years 1 month ago #1112

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
Why do you use such a strange way to install? Use the standard installation method, just as you install any other components:

Go to "Extensions"->"Extensions manager"->"Install", select .zip installation package and click "Upload&Install"
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by support.

Problem with installation 10 years 1 month ago #1114

• sergy
  • Новый участник
OK. I followed your suggestion.
1. Started with "jcomments-plugin". In this case I got message "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file".
2. The rest of packages I managed to install with no problem by just selecting zip file and pressing "upload and install".

I just wanted to add I'm running Joomla 2.5.

How do I proceed with jcomments?

Problem with installation 10 years 1 month ago #1118

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
JComments plugin is not a standard plugin for Joomla. It is the plugin for JComments component only. It needs another way to install this plugin. Please read carefuly readme-end.txt file from package of IPrice minimart trial. It includes a short instruction how to install JComments plugin:

"
- jcomments-plugin.zip - plugin for integration with Jcomments component. Allows to comment product on product page. Unzip package and save file com_ipricecalc.plugin.php to site folder /components/com_jcomments/plugins (JComments component should be installed on your site)

"

Problem with installation 10 years 1 month ago #1127

• sergy
  • Новый участник
OK. Thank you. I read the readme file. Just I didn't find the information on how to install jcomments because I read Polish version. There's discrepancy between English version and Polish translation. As promised I'll tune this up so that Polish version was fully covered.
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sergy.
Moderators: support

Subscribe

Subscribe to our newsletter and social networks to be updated with the latest updates.

Login