powerfull & flexible online Store, price-lists and catalogs for Joomla
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: highslide effect problem

highslide effect problem 10 years 8 months ago #639

• betsily
  • Новый участник
hello igort,

thank you for creating this nice plug-in. i did run into a couple of issues though that i hope you can help me with.

1) i just installed the smartresizer plugin yesterday, so i believe i should have the latest version. i'm on joomla 3.0 and have found that the highslide effects pop up box is not working for me. basically, i only see a loading icon when i click on my image and it never pops up the larger picture. can you please tell me what i am doing wrong? i've attached a few screenshots of my backend joomla page plus the error i am experiencing when i click an image in the article view. (i did try to see if i could find an answer on your forums, but the closest thing i got was this thread: iprice-web.ru/en/forum/smartresizer-eng/...zbox-with-scrollbars, which referenced getting the latest version and checking the cache permissions. mine are set at 755.)

i'd like to have what you did on your demo page: minimart.lotix.ru/en/smartresizer-demo/8-lorem-ipsum-5, with the caption on the bottom in the pop up/highslide window.

also, i did try out the other two popup options, joomla squeezbox and regular the pop up and they seemed to work. however, i didn't see any captions on either option. how do i set that up? is there some kind of setting that i am missing? or do i need to hand code something? (i'm okay with css stuff, but not good with other kinds of coding, so a layperson's explanation would be best for me.)

a sample of the highslide error i'm seeing can be found on: proudlycrafted.com/test3/projects/shop-p...shopmade-bevel-gauge.

2) it seems that if i have an uploaded image that is smaller than my article default thumbnail size (i have a couple like that on my site, but the majority of them are bigger than the article default size), then there is no caption showing below the picture in the article view even though i set "Create image caption in articles" to yes. also, there is no pop up. is that the expected behavior? i just wanted to confirm that that is how it is supposed to work and i'm not missing something here.

thank you very much for any advice you can provide. i appreciate it!

betsy
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by betsily.
Login or register to post message.

highslide effect problem 10 years 8 months ago #673

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
1. I see that there are many foreing javascript added on your page proudlycrafted.com/test3/projects/shop-p...shopmade-bevel-gauge.
Such us:
<script src="proudlycrafted.com/test3/media/foundry/2.1/scripts/foundry.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="proudlycrafted.com/test3/media/com_komento/scripts/abstract.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/test3/media/system/js/caption.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/test3/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/test3/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/test3/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Maybe some scripts conflict with Highslide. You can try to switch off scripts to find out what script is conflicted with Highslide.

2. plugin not process image, if the image size smaller than size of a thumbnail specified in plugin parameters. You need to upload images with a larger size to make their processible by plugin.

highslide effect problem 10 years 8 months ago #700

• betsily
  • Новый участник
hi,

i just figured out that it wasn't so much the foreign .js files that were interfering with the highslide pop up properly functioning, but rather the fact that highslide was looking for a couple of the .png files that should have been located under /public_html/plugins/content/smartresizer/smartresizer/js/highslide/graphics/outlines. (i used chrome's developer tools and went to console and saw the error message about the .png files.) they didn't exist there because i had installed smartresizer not in my root directory, as is the assumption, but a subdirectory.

all this was taken care of when i uploaded this folder with the correct path into my root directory. now the highslide pop up works fine.

so i imagine if anyone is installing smartresizer via joomla using the root directory of their site, they'd have no problem. (i only took the subdirectory route because i'm still in testing mode.) hopefully this will be helpful to anyone who encounters the same issue i had if they are testing in a subdirectory.

thanks for your response to my question no. 2.

betsy
Moderators: support

Subscribe

Subscribe to our newsletter and social networks to be updated with the latest updates.

Login