Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Warning: getimagesize error problem

Warning: getimagesize error problem 9 years 2 months ago #2370

• Jesthar
  • Новый участник
Hi,

I'm having some problems troubleshooting a warning message on a page of a website I'm admin on.

I'm trying to create a Caategory List page of newsletter articles, but SmartResizer doesn't like something about the standard images. The error message reads:

Warning: getimagesize(/media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/generic.gif) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/r/readingatwork.org/public_html/plugins/content/smartresizer/smartresizer.php on line 468

Warning: getimagesize(/media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/link_arrow.png) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/r/readingatwork.org/public_html/plugins/content/smartresizer/smartresizer.php on line 468

The page in question is here: www.readingatwork.org/index.php/reading-...from-reading-at-work

I've checked the gif and png paths and they appear to be correct (part of the standard Joomla install). Any ideas? Aside from this the extension has been great :)

~Jes :)
Login or register to post message.

Warning: getimagesize error problem 9 years 2 months ago #2371

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
The plugin can not read this images /media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/generic.gif, /media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/link_arrow.png.
I advice you to check modules on your site and disable processing by content plugins for your modules, if it is not needed.

Warning: getimagesize error problem 9 years 2 months ago #2381

• Jesthar
  • Новый участник
Hi, apologies for the delay, I never got a notification there was a reply.

Yes, I figured not being able to read the images was the problem. I checked the files and they are definitely there, not corrupt, and the paths are correct.

I am a programmer, but fairly new to Joomla, so could you please explain how to check modules and where to find the option to disable content processing?

Also, what can I do if I do need to leave content processing enabled, how can I fix this then?

Warning: getimagesize error problem 9 years 2 months ago #2382

• support
  • Администратор
When you set the plugin parameter "Process all images", then the plugin starts to process all images in a site content, which is processed by content plugins includes content of some modules, such as "Custom html" module. You can find the parameter "Prepare content" on tab "Options" for such modules.
In your case the problem is for the content of the component com_attachments. There may be many reasons for error: images are packing with a way, which is not supported by GD2 library of your server (system function "getimagesize"); plugin SmartResizer has the limits for image names - no uppercase, no special symbols, no national symbols. Lastly (I think in your case) the path for image is not complete for some reasons: your path is "/media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/link_arrow.png", but should be "[rootsitefolder]/media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/link_arrow.png" or "yoursite.com/media/com_attachments/image...icons/link_arrow.png" or at least "media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/link_arrow.png" (without starting a slash). What is the reason of the incorrect path - I do not know. It is individual for each case. This requires careful analysis and a long testing at various sites, platforms and under different conditions. I will fix known issues of the plugin Smartresizer, when I have a time for this free extension. Unfortunately now all of my time engaged in the development of commercial components.

Now I advice you to turn off the plugin parameter "Process all images" and use "smartresize" class for images you need to process (see the plugin documentation). Also you can turn off warnings and notices in Joomla basic parameters to switch off such warning messages.

Warning: getimagesize error problem 9 years 2 months ago #2392

• Jesthar
  • Новый участник
Unfortunately, setting smartresize for each image isn't going to be an option in this case; whilst I could do it easily enough, several other people who are not computer programmers upload the articles to the site, and I can't guarantee all of them would handle doing that. So I need to do something that will let them just upload without having to do anything technical.

The image path in the error messages looks a bit longer to me:

/var/sites/r/readingatwork.org/public_html/plugins/content/smartresizer/smartresizer.php

Although I have no idea why that should cause a problem either...

Anyway, good luck tracking it down, I'll just switch back to a more basic solution for now. :)

Warning: getimagesize error problem 9 years 2 months ago #2394

• support
  • Администратор
Jesthar wrote:
The image path in the error messages looks a bit longer to me:
/var/sites/r/readingatwork.org/public_html/plugins/content/smartresizer/smartresizer.php
It is not image path, but the path to the source code of the plugin.

Jesthar wrote:
Although I have no idea why that should cause a problem either...
Just disable notices and warnings in Joomla basic parameters
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by support.
  • Page:
Moderators: support

Subscribe

Subscribe to our newsletter and social networks to be updated with the latest updates.

Login