Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: plugin generating unpredictable results

plugin generating unpredictable results 9 years 7 months ago #1911

• jazzbird77
  • Новый участник
hello,

Your plugin is behaving in completely erratic ways. It's driving me insane. For some reason, when I set the default thumbnail width for articles, the results never match the settings. If I leave the thumbnail settings blank, some images are still reduced to tiny thumbnails. If I set either the width or the height or both to 400x400, I get thumbnails of randomly tiny sizes, such as 95x244. In addition, large strips of white space are added on the top and bottom.

For example, I get the following with 400x400 settings:

And yes, I have deleted old thumbnails in the cache folder but the results are still erratic.

Thanks for any help.
Login or register to post message.

plugin generating unpredictable results 9 years 7 months ago #1912

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
Your images should be large than thumbnail size (both width and height). Plugin does not handle images if their size smaller than thumbnail size.

See carefully the documentation: iprice-web.ru/en/products/smartresizer
May be this information help you.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by support.

plugin generating unpredictable results 9 years 7 months ago #1913

• jazzbird77
  • Новый участник
The images are much larger than the thumbnail size, so that's not the problem. The original size of the image I posted below is 800 x 1388. In the Joomla image manager I have tried to leave it as is, or to reduce it to 600 x 1041. Then, I tried all kinds of settings in your plugin: I tried leaving the setting 'default thumbnail height/width for articles' blank, and I tried inserting 400 x 400, or 400 in one field and leaving the other blank. The result is the tiny thumbnail seen below, 95 x 244.

I now just realized that this size, 95 x 244, comes from the size of the image just before the one I'm having problems with. For some reason the plugin is confused by the previous image in the same article, and takes its dimension to make the thumbnail.

Also, the tiny thumbnail randomly refuses to open up in a popup window. Instead I get the message javascript:void (0).

I have set "Ignore individual image size" to 'no' because I don't want some of the pictures to be resized.

I have already spent too much time reading the documentation trying to figure this out. It appears that the plugin is seriously buggy and too unreliable to be useful at this stage. Unless you have a solution or fix, unfortunately I will have to go and try out other plugins that are more functional.

However, if you have a solution, I would be glad to give it a try.

Thanks,
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jazzbird77.

plugin generating unpredictable results 9 years 7 months ago #1914

• jazzbird77
  • Новый участник
Also, I'm noticing that the blog thumbnails are also not working. I have set the thumbnail width and height for blogs to be 120x120, but the plugin is only creating thumbnails for some, but not all the images. See below: the top image is 120x120 but no thumbnail was created for the lower one, which remains in the original 150x150.

It seems like nothing is working right in this extension.

Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jazzbird77.

plugin generating unpredictable results 9 years 7 months ago #1915

• support
  • Администратор
  • Thank you received: 311
jazzbird77 wrote:
I have set "Ignore individual image size" to 'no' because I don't want some of the pictures to be resized.

see the documentation:
"Ignore individual image size - If Yes then ignore individual image size in IMG tag and apply a default thumbnail size for articles and other components except images with 'smartresizeindividual' class."

If you read the documentation before, you would not ask this question.

Then, see documantation again:
"Tip: Do not use international symbols, spaces or special characters in file name of original image. Use only latin symbols and symbols '-', '_' to prevent errors while processing image by plugin."

THis rule will allow you to avoid mistakes in image processing.
jazzbird77 wrote:
It seems like nothing is working right in this extension.

It seems like You're too lazy to read the documentation and understand the workings of the plugin.
The plugin is very flexible. Your claims to work pluging look unreasonable, especially considering that this plugin is free, and I do not have to quote the documentation in your every request.

plugin generating unpredictable results 9 years 7 months ago #1924

• jazzbird77
  • Новый участник
I have actually spent several frustrating hours reading the documentation and trying all possible settings to get the plugin to work over the weekend. I appreciate the support and the fact the the plugin is free, but I'm not impressed by your accusation of laziness.

There are no international symbols in my file names.

So to you it seems normal that an image that is originally 800x1388px, set to display as 600x1041, with thumbnail plugin settings of 400x400 ends up as 95x244?

If you want to be in denial that your extension is buggy, that is fine with me but this will not exactly help to increase your reputation.
  • Page:
Moderators: support

Subscribe

Subscribe to our newsletter and social networks to be updated with the latest updates.

Login