Adding and editing item
Click to the "New" tool button for adding item. Click to the item SKU for editing.
- Base category - select a basic category of the item. The basic category will determine the properties and characteristics of the product, if used. Also, the item will inherit a discount from the base category, if specified.
- Categories - here you can specify several categories in which this item will be displayed.
- SKU - specify the item SKU. SKU is required and must be unique for each item. If you do not need SKU column, you can set the SKU value same as ID of item.
- Alias - alias of the item is used to generate SEF URL for the item. Alias must be unique for each item. Alias must contain Latin characters and other characters allowed in URL. If the alias is not specified, it will be auto-generated from the SKU. In this case the alias will be transferred to the transliteration, if the SKU consists of native non-latin characters.
- Name - specify the name of the item.
- Cost - specify the basic price of the item.
- Currency - select the currency of the item price. If your site uses a different currency (defined in the global settings of the component), then the price will be automatically converted into the currency of the site on the basis of the currency exchange rate specified in the currency management.
- Date added - date adding item. The item will be marked sign of "New" if the current date between the date adding and the date adding + parameter "How many days the product will be considered a new".
- Type - "Item" - the regular item: "Divider" - dividing line with caption between items. Divider is designed to visually separate group of items.
- Status - item is published or no.
- Featured item - label "Featured" for the item.
- Sales tax - tax rate for the item in percent.
- Type of item selection - checkbox: single chckbox; Show count: input box of quantity.
- Defaul selected quantity - quantity of the item, selected by default.
- Minimum qty of an item - the min quantity of items which may be chosen by the user.
- Maximum qty of an item - the max quantity of items which may be chosen by the user.
- Increment qty of an item - Quantity change step by clicking on the arrows near the input box of quantity.
- Allow edit an item quantity - allow/disallow the user to enter the quantity of the item from the keyboard.
- List of values for an item quantity - a list of predefined values of item quantity, separated with a semicolon, e.g. "1;3;10". If have a choice from the list, the user can choose the number of items only from this list.
- In stock - current available quantity of item in stock.
- Quantity for high stock - Quantity of the item, starting from which will display an icon "Many item" or maximum gradation for the icon "4 ball". This option overrides the same name option in the global component settings.
- Weight - weight of the item.
- Capacity - the volume of item. Unit volume is defined in the global component parameters.
- Hits - number of views of the item. This number increases each time the user open the item page. Items can be sorted by the number of views to see the most viewed products on the site.
- Rating - average rating of the item. It is calculated by dividing "Rating total" on "Hit count of rating" (see options below).
- Rating total - the total sum of the scores assigned by users to this product.
- Hit count of rating - quantity of votes for the item.
- Allow file attachment - allow/disallow the user to attach file to this item on checkout page.
You can set description and full description of the item in this block. The description of the item is shown in the item card. A full description of the item is shown on the item page.
You can add item images in this section. If the item has options for the main property, each image can be linked to individual option. In this case, on the item page when selecting option the item image will be replaced. One of the item images need to be marked as main image. This image will be displayed in the cards of catalog and in the column "Images" of the price list. If you specify multiple images for each option, one of the images for this option should be marked as main image also.
Here you can specify the quantity of items available for ordering. Available quantity of the item will automatically decrease if the order for this item assumes the status set in the parameter "Status redundancy in stock" on the "Order" tab of the general parameters of the component. Available quantity of the item will automatically increase (return to the warehouse) if the order for this item assumes the status set in the parameter “Status return to stock” on the "Order" tab of the general parameters of the component.
Properties and characteristics
- Enable availability control for main property of a product - if enabled, the remaining stock of the item in stock can be set for each option of the main property of the item. This parameter overrides the parameter of the same name in the component settings (component settings, tab "General", “Availability” subsection). If the value "Use global" is set, the value of the parameter of the same name is used in the component settings.
Main property of the item allows you to set up item options. Each option has additional amount. This amount will be added to the price of the item when user select option.
Click "Add option" button to add option. Check option and click "Remove option" to remove option.
- # - check the checkbox to remove option.
- Name - set option name. For examle 'red'.
- Amount - set option amount. This amount will be added to the price of item when user select option.
- Available qty - You can set available quantitity of the item with this option.
- Default - select radio button to make option default. The default option will be selected when item will displayed on site.
PropertiesIn this section, you can set or override lists of values (options) for each item property for which lists of values are allowed (on the item field edit page). If you have specified a list of item properties for a specific category on the category editing page, then only these properties will be displayed in this section. For more information about specifying lists of values for the item property, see the article "Item fields", subsection "Parameters for properties", parameter "Default list of values".
For each property value (option), you can specify item properties that will be hidden on the item page if the user selects this option. Click on the "Hide fields" button opposite the desired property and in the dialog box that opens, for certain options, select the properties of the item that will be hidden when this option is selected.
You can set values for custom fields of the item (characteristics) in this block. See more details about item properties and characteristics on chapter "Item fields".
Discounts and promotions
- Exclude from global discount - exclude this item from the calculation of global discount on the entire order.
- Discount/surchage - select predefined discount or extra cost for the item. You should configure discounts in discount manager before setting the discount for the item.
- Inherited discount - readonly value of the final discount depends on discount specified in the category of the item.
Discounts for user groups - in this section you can set individual discount for up to 5 user groups. You can include user to the user group using User group manager.
- Promotion item - if "Yes" then item signed as "Promo" on the site.
- Promotion details - description of the promotion.
- Reject - if "Yes" then item signed as "Reject" on the site. Usually it is a product that has a slight defect.
- Reason of item rejected - Description of the item defect.
In this section you can add featured items. These products will be shown on the product page as products recommended for this product.
In this section you can configure automatic delivery of electronic product to the customer. If the user order electronic product, then it will be automatically delivered to the user's e-mail or will be available for downloading and viewing in the user's personal area when the order accepts the statuses specified in the parameters.
- Text for delivery - some HTML text (purchase code, product license key and etc) that will be sent to the customer's e-mail or will be available for viewing in the customer’s personal area when the order accepts the statuses specified in the parameters below.
- File for delivery - file (software, image, electronic book, zip file and etc). Select and upload an electronic product file that will be sent to the customer's e-mail or will be available for viewing in the customer’s personal area when the order accepts the statuses specified in the parameters below. If you want to delete an already downloaded file, check the box "Delete" and save the product.
- Edit file name - You can edit the file name of the electronic product if the file was uploaded manually via FTP or the file name on the server was changed.
- Order state for automatic delivery - select the general status of the order in which the file and text of the electronic product will be delivered to the customer and become available for viewing and downloading in the customer’s personal area.
- Order pay state for automatic delivery - select the order payment status in which the file and text of the electronic product will be delivered to the customer and become available for viewing and downloading in the customer’s personal area. If both the general status of the order and the status of payment for the order are specified, the electronic product will be delivered when the order accepts both statuses. If both statuses are set to "Not set", then the electronic product will never be delivered.
- Max number of downloads - set the maximum available number of downloads of the electronic product file in the customer’s personal area. 0 - unlimited.
- Download expires after (days) - Specify the number of days from the order date, during which the file and text of the electronic product will be available for download in the customer’s personal area. 0 - never expires.
- Make a copy of the file - if "Yes", then the electronic product file will be copied to a separate folder when creating an order. This allows the user to download the version of the file that is current on the order date, while you can update the electronic product file for future orders. If "No", then the electronic product file will be the same for all orders for this electronic product.
- Send file on customer e-mail - if "Yes", then the electronic product file will be attached to the e-mail for the customer when the order accepts the statuses of automatic delivery.
- Send text on customer e-mail - if "Yes", then the text of the electronic product (text for the delivery of the order) will be attached to the letter to the customer when the order accepts the statuses of automatic delivery.
- Meta-tag Title - if specified, defines the browser title for the page item. If not specified, by default the page title is the menu item name + the name of the item.
- Meta-tag Description - specifies the search description (meta-tag Description) to the pages item.
- Meta-tag Keywords - identifies key search words (meta-tag Keywords) for the page item.